Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pinned It, Tried It, And...

I've been craving soups lately, so I decided to try Thai Chicken Noodle Soup.  I made it during my weekend snowed in, and it made a deliciously huge pot of soup!  I'm still eating the leftovers.



As usual, I made some chef's changes on a few things, and it worked out wonderfully.I added red bell peppers, along carrots and a lot of extra cabbage.





I always recommend measuring everything out before you start the cooking.  Once you get started, it gets stressful to read and do everything on time!


Here is my altered version of the recipe:

       Thai Chicken Noodle
          1
 tablespoon sesame oil
            4
 cloves garlic, minced
            2
 teaspoons minced ginger
            1
 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
            1/2 
cup better than peanut butter (from Trader Joe's)
            1 
cup fire roasted tomatoes
            6
 cups vegetable broth (Better Than Bouillon)
            1
 tablespoon fish sauce (I would probably cut back on this next time)
            6
 ounces rice noodles
            2 1/2 
cups shredded green cabbage
            1 red bell pepper
            1 cup shredded carrots

- In three separate containers, mix vegetable broth, tomatoes and peanut butter, and ginger and garlic.  Cut up bell peppers and shred carrots
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
- Add tomato/peanut butter mixture to the soup pot along with the vegetable broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles; reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the cabbage, carrots and bell pepper and cook another 5 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment