Sunday, February 3, 2013

Benson First Friday: February Edition

Benson First Friday was this weekend (because it was the first Friday of the month, of course), and it definitely did not disappoint.  The Instagrammies were held at the Sydney, so we all got to vote for hashtagged photos from different categories.  There was wonderful music everywhere for the ears, and fantastic artwork for the eyes.  



Our first stop was the Omaha Bicycle Co. down the street from Dan's house.  Unbeknownst to us, there was this hilarious band playing called the Polka Police.  They played covers, my favorite of which was there own version of Gangnam Style called "Nacho Vegan Style."



I got artsy (or tried)



The car dealership seemed to be trying their hand at art, but it was just creepy



Then we wandered down to the PS Collective where our talented friend Josh Audiss was showing his work.  I bought a beautiful painting of an owl who I promptly named Hubert :)



I liked his new stamp :)



Artist's Portrait!



Lovely ladies enjoying themselves (I apologize for the blurriness)



I'm a child and I thought this was funny.  Someone erased the "S."



Tara pulled a cow phone out of her purse, and countless cow puns ensued.  It was udderly ridiculous.



Newlyweds!



The bartender had a new tattoo of a Nebraska Pinup Girl, corncobs and all!  I was jealous :)



This picture doesn't really do the scene justice, but the Sweatshop Gallery had a Club No Quiet art auction and a band playing.  The place was so packed!



Some of the artwork up for auction.



A few of the Sweatshop Guys :)



And the night wouldn't have been complete without a little Bad Country at the Barley Street Tavern!  By far one of my favorite local bands.  They definitely get your feet moving!



Artsy again



Nothing like a little High Life to spice up the night!



Dancing the night away with a smile on her face :)



Tried to get a full band shot



Can't get enough of the High Life!



Chuck strumming away



Probably one of my favorite pictures from the night



We made our way down to the Sydney for the awards ceremony, but it was so dang packed I don't even know who won anything!



Sitting outside on a not-so-chilly night



Isn't she lovely?



For some reason, Dan had a gold phone (maybe to match his wife's cow phone?)



Place was packed!



I spent most of my night hanging out with this bow-tied clown, and we of course had a great time!  Can't wait for March!

No comments:

Post a Comment