Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pinned it, Tried it, And...

With last weekend being Super Bowl Sunday, I of course had to cook a couple things up.  Adam and I went over to my brother and his wife's house, and I was craving the usual: wings, cheese dip, etc.  I decided to try a couple recipes I had pinned, and they were both fantastic.  So, without further ado, I introduce what I hope will be a regular blog series: Pinned it, Tried it, And...

First recipe I tried was Skinny Taste's Queso Dip.  I thought I had gotten all the ingredients at the store, but it turns out I forgot a few, so there were some modifications.  Plus my brother and his wife really don't like cilantro, so I left that out, and Adam hates onion, so I left that out.  I rarely get to use onion because of this, so I don't really know what I'm missing.


I made quite a few changes:  I used rice milk instead of skim milk and vegetable bouillon instead of chicken broth.  I took out the onions, added more garlic.  Also, as you can see above, I thought it called for chipotle peppers instead of poblano peppers, so I just put in more bell pepper.  No cilantro, extra cumin and added liquid smoke.  Oh, and I put in the whole bag of cheese (because why not?) and added soy chorizo.  It was extremely tasty and a great hit at the party!


The second recipe I tried was Homemade Ranch.  This was the easiest thing I've ever made, and it was so good!  It's even good for your (or at least not bad for you).


The recipe is really straightforward and simple.  I thought it was really tasty, and I put it in little containers to take with me for a snack with bell pepper sticks.


I've also started making zucchini pasta every week.  The first time I made it, I pressed the zucchini for an hour, and no water came out.  The second time, I didn't press it and it tasted the exact same.  So I don't really think it was necessary.


I doctored up a jar of spaghetti sauce with bell pepper, shaved carrots and soy chorizo, and it tastes exactly like spaghetti!!  It was so fantastic, and I could eat as much as I wanted without going into a food coma!  How could you ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment