Sunday, April 7, 2013

Rainy Day Outfit


Do you ever have those projects that you are so close to being done with, but then you put it on the shelf for months?  Like, a good book or a sewing project?  Well, this sweater is mine.  I am (usually) an avid knitter, and I love to make sweaters.  I made this particular sweater a few years ago, but I made it a size too small, and never wore it.  

Last summer I decided to tear it apart and remake it in the right size.  This was the first big thing I tore apart, and that in and of itself was a very time-consuming task.  For lack of a better word, it sucked.  But I loved tbe yarn, which had been discontinued, so I was bound and determined to redo it.  Then, after I had finished it and sewn in what I thought were all the ends, I put it on to wear to school and discovered two un-threaded strands.  So I put it on the shelf to finish when I had time, and there it sat...for six months.  So sad!

Now that the weather is getting nicer, and this sweater will be unwearable for six more months, I decided to take it down and finish it.  Guess how long it took me?  Three minutes.  Five, if you count finding my tapering needle and bringing it downstairs.  Adam just laughed at me.  Then I made him take my picture!

 


 


 

Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment