Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chicken Salad

With spring fast approaching, I am longing for the picnics and cookouts of warmer weather, instead of the bitter cold and snow we've been seeing.  So I decided I would have a little indoor "picnic" and make myself some chicken salad!  It's so simple, but so dang delicious!!


This recipe is really straightforward, and there is room to make it your own.  Adam hate anything mayo related, so I always make his with greek yogurt, but I like mine with the tanginess of miracle whip light.  Plus, the ingredients are all healthy and good for you!



Recipe
-  Two fully cooked chicken breasts
-  1/4 cup dried cranberries
-  1/3 cup walnuts
-  1/2 cup of celery
-  1/2 tsp of lemon juice
-  1/2 tsp of salt 
-  1/2 tsp pepper
-  1/2 cup of Miracle Whip Light or Greek Yogurt

1)  Roughly chop up cranberries, walnuts, and celery.  Set aside in large mixing bowl
2)  Cut chicken breasts into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces (whatever size you would like for your salad)
3)  Put chicken into mixing bowl with dried ingredients.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until thoroughly coated.
4)  Chill and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment