Monday, April 21, 2014

Music Monday Revived

 
 

 
 
Have you ever heard of Cloud Cult?  I heard of them a long time ago, but didn't really pay attention to them until I heard an NPR story about them a year ago.  The article focused on their (then) new album, and how their personal lives and tragedy had played into their songs.  The lead singer's two year old son died in his sleep one night, and the singer used songwriting to cope.
 
The last thing that he said in the story really struck me, and it's stayed with me all this time.  Probably because I was nearing the one year anniversary of my father's death. 
 
He had become enthralled with the science behind death, and thermodynamics.  He said, "Basically, what it says is that energy cannot be destroyed; it can only be transformed.  So any kind of energy that you put out there never goes away. Everything that we did together, every moment that we had together, everything that he felt and everything that I felt for him still resonates out there in the universe. And I refuse to believe anything less than the idea that I'll somehow be with my son again."
 
I feel the same about my dad.  I just would never have been able to put it into such eloquent words.  Reading them still brings tears to my eyes.  But I am thankful that someone put words to my thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment