Thursday, June 26, 2014

Life is Good

IMG_1247

I had an old high school friend over for dinner the other night, and we were catching up after a (few) year(s) of not seeing each other. I was telling her about my life, my family, the wedding, my hobbies. And then it hit me:  life is good.  In fact, it’s great.  I love my life, I am the happiest I can remember being, and I’m living a life I'm proud of.

Sometimes I get so caught up in the final product (I am a perfectionist, so duh), that I forget that the journey is 95% of it.  It seems so cliché.  I kept trying to decide who I wanted to become or what goals I wanted to reach, and panicking when I couldn’t figure it out.  I didn’t realize I had silently been becoming the person I wanted to be for the last 28 years.

As someone who spent most of my life in school, I’ve always lived with an end goal.  Finish high school.  Go to college.  Graduate.  Go to law school.  Pass the bar exam.  Now that I have a career (so weird to say, I feel too young for that!!), I kind of had a quarter life crisis realizing that this was it, I had met the final goal.  But it’s really not, is it?  The goal is to keep growing and learning and improving yourself.  Find the hobbies you love and do them.  Go outside.  Live the life you dream about.  Do it now.  Because that’s what living is about.

So take a pause. When you finally stop and look around at what you’ve created for yourself, you will be pleasantly surprised.  Or at least I was.

If that was too introspective for you, I apologize.  Here are some photos of Pig to make up for it.

IMG_0843 IMG_0830
IMG_0846

No comments:

Post a Comment