Saturday, August 13, 2011

Katie's Wedding

Katie and Alexi got married a few weekends ago in Chicago, and huge group of us traveled there to support our girl in her start to married life.  It was by far the best wedding I have been to so far in my life.  The location, the people, the atmosphere, everything was stunning.  I met so many wonderfully amazing people that weekend, that I wish I could do it all over again!  The festivities included a boat ride on the Chicago river, which was a blast.  Anyways, let's get to it.


Alex spotted a "Country Singles" paper on the drive through Iowa.  Sadly, the thing was too old to open.




The ladies.




On the porch waiting for the cabbies.




Strike a pose!




Pre-drinking before going to the bar to pre-drink before the wedding.




Loved hanging out with these two crazies!




I have no idea what's happening here.




Or here.




I'm smooshed!




The posse walking to the wedding.  This is how we roll.




Random plant animals at the wedding venue.  The power went out before the wedding, hence the darkness.




Colin photographed the wedding, so we didn't see much of him.




Utility trucks to fix the power, the ladies rocking their way to the wedding.




This guy was the most vibrant preacher.  Never would have known he only talked to the couple for two hours!




So beautiful!!




The centerpieces were stunning, and the tables were full!!




This woman was fantastic.  Her name is Coco and she's a dentist.  And now she's my style icon.




Two of the three Sarahs staying in the house.




Haha Shelby wasn't ready for the picture I guess.




Our table of fun!




Nice face Dan.




My new bestie!  Such a beautiful soul!




I just love this shot.




Beautiful bride!




Gotta love the face.




Open bar all night means a happy wedding!




I love Katie in this one!




The music was awesome, so the dance floor was raging the whole night!




James's mom is wonderful.  She was taking shots with us all night!




The groom and father of the bride!  Very happy men.




We closed down the place with the parents of the bride.




Dan stole a centerpiece and called himself Secretariat for the rest of the night.




Dan also let everyone draw penises on his leg.  He was naming all of them off right here.




I thought this was a clever ad.  If you can't tell, it says sushi behind the poll.




We went to Centennial Park and saw the bean.  There were a bunch of quinceneras getting their photos taken.




This thing's nuts.  I had an existential crisis when I walked toward it and couldn't find myself.



The Sarah portrait!





Halley got attacked by little kids in the water and loved it!




These things were huge faces with water coming out of the mouth sometimes.




Cabbing it!




The night before the boat ride Chicago experienced record rainfall.  The river rose 7' overnight.  We could barely get under the bridges!




We had to duck to get under all of em!




Another bestie pic!




All the ladies.  Not such a great pic.




For some reason Colin's old roommate was in Chicago, so we hung out with him on the last night.  

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment